Licencing and Training

How to get licenced

To get licensed in Barbados you must go through the Telecommunications Unit to arrange for and take the relevant test for the licence type you are pursuing. Detailed information is available in their Amateur Radio Handbook.

License training course

We at the ARSB run a course to prepare new amateurs for not only passing their test but to be proficient at radio operation. To find out when the next course will be run please contact us. (

Hurricane/emergency training

Hurricane and general emergencies are handled by the Department of Emergency Management (DEM) and the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) . We at the ARSB work with these organizations to train and deploy operators where there is a need.

External resources